BPI Building Analyst Testing
The UMass Dartmouth Energy Training Center is pleased to offer BPI Building Analyst testing. Building Analyst is a national certification that's a requirement to work for weatherization work in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Building Analyst testing costs $795, and includes both the written and field exams. The cost is reduced by $100, to $695, if the candidate can provide their own house in the greater New Bedford/Fall River area for testing. If the house is more than 30 minutes from NB/FR, we will need to charge for travel time. See below to understand requirements.
Building Analyst Test House Requirements
- The house must have the following:
- Access to a natural-draft hot water and furnace or boiler
- The house must not have the following:
- Asbestos inside
- Vermiculite insulation
- More than 10 ft2 of mold on the walls or ceilings
- Direct-vented furnace/boiler
If your house does not qualify, we can use our own test house, but that costs an extra $100