Air Leakage Control Installer is a hands-on introduction to the skills and principles necessary for working in the expanding field of home weatherization or energy retrofits. Candidates / students will administer air sealing techniques utilizing a number of different scenarios seen in the field. This course will provide the skills to help you prepare for BPI's Residential Building Envelope Whole House Air Leakage Control Installer exams.
Next class: Monday April 2nd - Friday April 6th (9am to 4pm)
In this class you will learn:
- Prepping attic and crawlspaces
- Air sealing
- Installation insulation (loose fill, dense pack)
- Building science casics
Candidate must be:
- 18 years of age.
- Willing to work at heights and in tight spaces
- Construction background preferred
- Package 1 : • $1175.00 Includes classes and test. *
- Package 2 : • $695.00 Certification and Recertification test.
* Scholarships are available
To register, visit the Career Center at 618 Purchase St, New Bedford.